Terms and conditions
By using “PC Paramedics” you (the ‘CLIENT’ herein) agree to pay a minimum fee of $99.00 (including 10% GST), for “PC Paramedics” to come to the CLIENT’s location and render computer services. The minimum fee is inclusive of 1 hour of on-site labour time. Any additional time is billed in 30min slots at $49.50 (including 10% GST). The CLIENT agrees to make payment for all charges immediately after job completion. Payments not rendered on time may be subject to additional late processing fees of up to 15% of the total due amount.
Weekends / Public Holiday bookings will incur a $50 (including 10% GST) surcharge.
CLIENT agrees that the terms and conditions that apply to PC Paramedics “No Fix No Fee” policy, require that the CLIENT accepts the solution that PC Paramedics recommends. Depending on the circumstances this may include the purchase of replacement hardware. If the CLIENT rejects PC Paramedics
recommended solution then the CLIENT will be liable for the labour charges incurred up to the point of the problem diagnosis. If the CLIENT’s system is under warranty then the minimum fee will be payable whether a solution to the problem is provided or not.
Release of Liability
CLIENT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS PC PARAMEDICS, ITS AGENTS AND SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE PERFORMANCE OF SERVICE OR THE PROVISION OF PARTS, AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT PC PARAMEDICS OFFERS NEITHER AN EXPLICIT OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, FOR THE SERVICES PERFORMED OR THE PARTS PROVIDED, OTHER THAN THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY.
Australian Consumer Law Competition and Consumer Act 2010 Mandatory Repair Notices
As per the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, please note the following Mandatory Repair Notices required by law:
- Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
- Repair of goods may result in loss of data.
- CLIENT acknowledges that due to the nature of the services being performed, there is a potential risk of damage or loss including, but not limited to, damage to CLIENT’s office, home, business computer hardware, its cabling, hubs, routers, switches, peripherals, accessories, and furniture, as well as potential risk of damage, corruption, or loss of computer software, applications, data, and data storage media.
- CLIENT agrees to release and hold harmless PC Paramedics from all liability for damage or loss as well as any incidental or consequential material or financial damage or loss that may result from the actions of PC Paramedics, its agents or service representatives.
- CLIENT grants PC Paramedics, its agents and service representatives, permission to physically access CLIENT’s home or office property where CLIENT’s computer system and/or network reside.
- CLIENT grants PC Paramedics, its agents and service representatives, access, security rights, and permission to open, view, modify, edit, delete, or otherwise manipulate CLIENT’s computer software, applications, data, and data storage media including, but not limited to, the computer Operating System, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, workflow, graphics, audio, video, system drivers and libraries, and any other type of software or data that may be contained on CLIENT’s computer system or network.
- CLIENT grants PC Paramedics, its agents and service representatives, access and permission to physically disassemble any and all computer systems, components, networks, cabling, hubs, routers, switches, peripherals, and accessories necessary to perform said services.
- CLIENT grants PC Paramedics, its agents and service representatives, permission to perform modification to CLIENT’s home or office property for the purpose of installing or troubleshooting computer and/or networking hardware, cabling, hubs, routers, switches or peripherals. Modification may include such practices as drilling, cutting through or disassembling furniture, floors, walls, carpet or trim, laying and removing cabling and devices including affixing cabling and devices to furniture, walls, floors, or trim, using nails, screws, staples, hangers, or plastic ties.
- CLIENT grants PC Paramedics, its agents and service representatives, permission to install hardware in CLIENT’s computer and/or network, including but not limited to, processor chips, memory chips, cooling fans, batteries, hard drives, tape drives, storage devices, modem and communication devices, audio and video cards, network interface cards, hubs, routers, switches, printers, scanners, cables, and any other hardware requested to be installed by CLIENT.
- CLIENT grants PC Paramedics, its agents and service representatives, permission to download and/or install software on CLIENT’s computer and/ or network, including but not limited to, virus scanners, diagnosis and repair utilities, drivers, libraries, and software requested to be installed by CLIENT. PC Paramedics does not check for licensing compliance for any software provided by CLIENT to be installed on their computer systems. It is the responsibility of the CLIENT to have proper licensing for any software provided. PC Paramedics reserves the right to refuse to install any software for which proper licensing cannot be demonstrated.
- PC Paramedics strongly advises CLIENT to safeguard critical data by backing up said data prior to any services performed by PC Paramedics. Unless specifically requested and provided as a paid service by PC Paramedics, CLIENT is responsible for any backup, archiving, or protective storage as well as restoration if required, of CLIENT’s data.
PC Paramedics is a provider of billable on-site services and does not offer or provide telephone technical support. Neither the signing of this agreement nor the performance of services by PC Paramedics implies availability of telephone technical support. This document constitutes the entire agreement between the CLIENT and PC Paramedics. No other agreement whether verbal or written shall be in effect except if agreed to and authorized in writing.
The laws of the Commonwealth of Australia shall govern this contract. Any dispute concerning this agreement shall be heard within the Commonwealth of Australia. By booking an appointment with PC Paramedics, CLIENT acknowledges that he/she has read and understands, and agrees to the terms of this Payment Terms and Release of Liability Form, which is kept on file at the office of PC Paramedics in Kallangur, QLD.